Today, SolarFall Games launches their Kickstarter campaign for Umbra, a CryEngine3-based action-RPG featuring stunning visuals and deep and rich gameplay.
Umbra is an open world action-RPG taking place in a corrupted world that is falling apart. You are a former soldier, forced to flee the death penalty because of your magic powers. Being tracked down by humans and hunted by the monsters of the Wild, you are recruited by a mysterious group of Templars, and thus your epic adventure begins…
SolarFall Games’ Lead Programmer and Game Director Daniel Doluisaid “We are fully committed to Umbra and to staying independent; there are no publishers or private investors behind us. We hope that Kickstarter will allow us to remain this way and enable us to deliver Umbra true to our original vision.”
Featuring a unique mechanic called “Apocalyptic Form”, you are able to shape-shift into a highly customized character. Mold your character using the comprehensive customization system and create your home using the complex crafting mini-game – all combine to make your adventure feel as unique as possible.
As a former officer of the Republic, you developed magical powers in a world where such things are forbidden. You tried to hide it but the hierarchy found out. Rather than execute you, they attempted to capture you and conduct experiments on your body. However, you managed to escape and take refuge in the wild. Facing attacks from monstrous creatures and hopelessly outnumbered, you were on the brink of failure when suddenly rescued by the mysterious order of the Templars.
- Open World – Discover the world and enjoy it at your own convenience.
- Exploration and experimentation – rewards based on your play style.
- Free character development – No class limitation.
- Apocalyptic Form – Develop special powers based on how you play.
- Tons of Loot – Weapons, Armor, Potions and random magic effects.
- Semi procedural Weaponry – Blades, pommel, etc.
- Advanced Crafting mini-game – Build your own weapons and armors.
- Tons of Destructible environments – We hope you enjoy it!
- Housing – Create your own house and showcase your work.
- Complete story – full of secrets to discover while exploring the world.