A deranged scientist is abducting students from the Psychonauts boot camp and a powerful new cadet named Raz stands alone against the lunatic. Raz must develop and unleash an arsenal of paranormal powers, including the ability to launch himself telepathically into someone else’s mind — and take on their inner demons, nightmares and secret memories. Ultimately he must enter the mind of his worst enemy and destroy his dark plans at their source, while trying not to lose his sanity in the process.
Any mind, any time. For years, the Psychonauts have deployed their psychically-armed operatives all over the world, but this time trouble is brewing right in their own backyard. Someone is abducting students from the Psychonaut boot camp—a deranged scientist who only wants their brains. One cadet—a mysterious and powerful new arrival named Raz—stands alone against the lunatic. Raz must develop and unleash an arsenal of paranormal powers, including telekinesis, firestarting, clairvoyance, and his most powerful weapon of all—the ability to launch himself telepathically into someone else’s mind, and run around in the demented amusement park of their imagination. Raz takes on their inner demons face to face, wrestles with their nightmares, and digs up their secret memories. Ultimately he must enter the mind of his worst enemy and destroy his dark plans at their source, while trying not to lose his sanity in the process.
The PS4 edition of Psychonauts will be an emulated version of the original game on PS2, hopefully with some added bells and whistles, which Double Fine are still figuring out.
- Embark on a third-person psychic odyssey through thirteen incredibly unique levels: three set in the real world, and 10 set inside the mental worlds of misfits, monsters and madmen
- Rise up in rank as you collect figments of other people’s imaginations, sort their emotional baggage, clear out their mental cobwebs, and crack open their memory vaults
- Complete special training missions to learn the power of Levitation and the ability to focus Raz’ mental energy into a powerful PSI-Blast
- Rank up to earn more psychic powers such as Telekinesis (toss enemies or objects with your mind), Invisibility (convince your foes they can’t see you), Pyrokinesis (set the world on fire), Clairvoyance (see through the eyes of another), and Confusion (cloud the minds of your enemies, play tricks on your friends)
- Put your thoughts to use—Raz can grab the thought bubble over his head and pull it down around himself as a shield, hang from it like a hot air balloon, or jump on top of it and ride it around like a skateboard.
- Interact with a multitude of dynamic environmental features, such as tightropes, trapezes, ladders, poles, ledges, trampolines, climbing walls and rail slides.
- Non-linear gameplay with incredible depth offers players multiple paths and sub-challenges (digging up PSItanium arrowheads, finding lost brains, telekinetic canoeing, and winning the psychic scavenger hunt) so there is always a goal to accomplish
- Immersive story injected with lots of humor features vivid characters and a range of unique and wildly imaginative environments
- Challenging puzzles span a range of difficulty, with alternate solutions that self-tailor themselves to the player’s own strengths and abilities